Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Double-Dog Dare #1

I've been teaching a Paper Crafts Challenges Series at Eclectica, my LSS, and the students take dares that stretch their skills, styles, and minds to new extremes. I've been amazed at the projects they've brought back to class that often far exceed all expectations. I will begin posting weekly "Double-Dog Dares" on this blog so you can all play along. Should you be "MAN/WOMEN ENOUGH" to take my project dares, I'd love to have you email me a jpeg of your project to post in this blog for everyone to see. No matter what your medium of choice is, whether it is ATCs, layouts, cardmaking, stamping, altered arts...whatever, let me see how you apply the challenge to your craft/art.

Here's the first dare...

What do you wish? For yourself, for someone you love, for the future, for the world. Express your wish in your art. Maybe that means make a layout with the heading "I wish" or a handmade journal for writing down your wishes, maybe an ATC with that as a theme...you decide...it's your art.

For each jpeg I receive from the Double-Dog Dares your name will go into a hat and there will be a drawing for something...something good...I promise. Maybe something I make, maybe something special I discover at the upcoming trade show...you'll just have to "enter" to find out what it will be. We'll have a drawing at the end of July. That gives you plenty of time to throw some pics my way. Now go get busy.... I WISH you luck and creative energy!

No comments: