Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Vintage Inspired ATC case

Over the next few weeks I'll be participating in a blog hop. What's a blog hop, you ask. Well, Eileen Hull, a friend, artist and fellow CHA Designer has released a product line with Sizzix. Her soon-to-be-released ScoreBoards Dies are different than those we've seen before. They cut and score mat board to create sturdy three-dimensional objects, ready for assembly and embellishment. It is so much fun to "hop" through the blogs of the participating designers to see the ingenious ways these die-cuts can be used. I promise you'll be inspired by these amazing artists! Scroll down to the bottom of this post to find the links to begin the adventure as you find your way through participating blogs.

So here's my first entry...

A Scalloped Box turned Vintage Inspired ATC case. I recently participated in an awesome Artist Trading Card swap with a group of my local artist friends so when I noticed the size of this box I knew it would become a case to store a few of my favorites. What a fun little hostess gift to give a swap coordinator!



With the score line already made for you, this box is a cinch to assemble. Simply use red-liner tape to adhere the side tabs in place. Of course you know I can't make anything without a little "RockCandy," so for this project I used a couple sheets of our Vintage French Text to completely cover the box, inside and out. I inked the edges with Colorbox ink in Chestnut Roan and accented the edges with Krylon's Gold Leafing Pen. I embellished the box with some of our Dresden Foil trims and a vintage image from our "Girly Girls" Image CD. I came across a vintage typewriter "Lock" key and attached it to the scalloped flap. I wrapped the box with a long strand of black cording.

Now get to "Hopping" by visiting the following links:

Eileen Hull

Ann Butler

Bonnie Bruns

Candice Windham Designs

Cindi Bisson - Fat Cat Creations

Craftside - A behind-the-scenes peek at a crafty world

Designs by Roxi

JGoode Designs

Just a Thought or Two

Karen Burniston

Life Snippetts

Mel Designs Trendy Thank You Gifts

Niki Meiners

Pink Lemonade

Sizzix ScoreBoard blog Hop

Sparkle's Studio

Stampin' Queen Creations

Jenn Ellefson

Michelle Cummings

Brenda Pinnick

Carla Schauer

Marisa Pawelko

28 comments:

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

now why did I not think of that? I love atcs too and your case is just darling! Please add me to your list...I'm late in posting.
:)

TracyM #6773 said...

What a clever idea Roxi :o)

Unknown said...

another great use for this box! what a great way to separate and organize the atcs you've received from a swap!

Melony said...

Roxi- once again as always- AMAZING!!!

Michelle Murphy said...

Love the project. But REALLY love the header to your blog. I have been so bad lately and not reading blogs.

Sparkle said...

ATC case, that is perfect!

Karen B said...

Superb! I love the vintage photo and the way it is revealed when the flap is opened. Fab!

eileen hull said...

So many things I like about this box Roxi... such clever touches and placement. I love the RockCandy black trim!

Laura Bray said...

I love the hidden surprise of the female image when you lift the flap. Come and see what I did for the hop!

Unknown said...

WOW! I love this Vintage ATC Card Holder! This is a very unique idea! I love your blog too! I love how you decorated it!
Bonnie B

Jen Goode said...

Wonderful! The text collage is my favorite... what a great idea for ATC!

Unknown said...

Oh wow this is so perfect! What a great idea, I can't even say anything else that has not been said1 well done *clap clap*

Ann Butler said...

I love vintage too and this is wonderful!

chignon said...

I love the vintage feel of your ATC case, especially the angle on the inside. Very nice!

Debi Vincent said...

Gorgeous - I just love it. The typewriter key is perfect. Now to hop on over to the other blogs...
Debi Vincent

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

This is just fantastic.

Brenda Pinnick said...

Roxi, this is beautiful!

Candice Windham said...

Good job, Girlfriend! I love the French text paired with the Girly Girl image!

Cindi McGee said...

Pretty! Such a great vintage feel - great job!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

What a great idea Roxi!!!! Love it and yes I totally agree, the PERFECT hostess gift for someone hostessing an ATC swap!

madelinesthoughts said...

Being someone who loves anything vintage ... this is perfect!

Dianne Adams said...

Love your idea and your use of Rock Candy products. Love the project!

kim.mom said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Roxi Phillips said...

Thanks everyone, for your comments! It was a lot of fun working with this base and after looking at everyone's projects, there are lots of other things I'd like to create with it. Great design, Eileen!

Lillian Child said...

Very sweet project! Love all things vintage!

Subriagirl said...

Roxi, you've done it again! Looks soooo vintage! Love it!!

Scrapfaire said...

Ok so how awesome is this....thanks for letting us know that our ATC's will fit!! AWESOME!!!

Unknown said...

Love the Girly Girl surprise upon opening the flap!