Thursday, December 9, 2010
Sizzix Triple-Play Blog-Hop Week 6: Gift Tags
I've been on vacation with my family for the last 2+ weeks. Knowing I'd be away from my studio for three weeks of the blog-hop I packed a very basic crafting kit, the die-cuts for the scheduled projects and a challenge for myself. The challenge was to not over-think my projects, complete them quickly and use the limited supplies I'd taken with me. It's been a good lesson for me. Trust my basic design instincts and just let it flow... and maybe I don't need ALL that "Stuff." Here's the result of Week 6; Brenda Pinnick's Sizzix Die (656053, Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Album, Brackets)
We were each sent a set of pre-cut die shapes to work with. I chose to use the largest of the shapes to create gift tags for the upcoming holiday.
What I used:
* Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Album, Brackets
* Vintage Text
* Color-box Chalk ink in Chestnut Roan
* Felt Snowflake from The Container Store
* Small hang tag
* Small jingle bell sprayed with Krylon Brushed Metallic
* Baker's Twine
* Stamps: snowflake, "To"
* Vintage Glass Glitter
What I did:
1. Trace shape of largest die-cut shape onto vintage text, cut out and glue to shape; ink edges with chalk ink
2. Apply glue along outside edges of shape; apply glitter to all edges
3. Tie felt snowflake to glittered shape at die-cut hole
4. Ink small hang-tag and stamp snowflake and the word "To"
5. Spray paint silver jingle-bell and dip in glitter while still wet
6. Tie tag and bell to snowflake with an 6" length of baker's twine
7. Write recipients name on tag and tie to package
I can hardly wait to see what the other 50+ designers have come up with using this great die from Sizzix! Hop along by clicking on the blinkie in the right side-bar.
Thanks for stopping by!