Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Get Creative!

I was honored to be asked for an artist interview for the 5th birthday issue of this wonderful magazine from Australia/New Zealand. I would have been willing to make (an all expenses paid) trip to do the interview in person... if only! My copy arrived yesterday and what a beautiful magazine it is! Check out their website at www.getcreative.com.au



Get Creative
highlighted my book "Make it in Minutes: Party Favors and Hostess Gifts" I created two projects exclusively for the issue. The first was herbed sea salt in an embellished bottle to be used as a hostess gift. I picked fresh basil from my garden and blended it with the salt in my Vitamix. It was bright and fresh looking and tasting! I took it to a neighbor as a little gift. The party favors were little travel candles I created using metal favor tins. I embellished the outside of the round tins and matchboxes with decorative paper. I nestled tea-lights inside each tin surrounded by a bit of rock salt and tied it all together with a coordinating ribbon.

No comments: